1. A swanky new restaurant has opened in Melville's corporate center, called , located within the Rubie Corporate Plaza on Route 110. The eatery is the creation of restaurateur Tom Schaudel, owner of A Mano, A Lure, and Cool Fish on the North Fork of Long Island. He boasts Jewel's fresh quality, with much of its ingredients coming from Cutchogue's Satur Farms.
2. Is your house ready for our Patch Deck The House Contest? You could win $100,000 for our schools! See the preview here: deckthehouse.patch.com.
3. Congratulations to Robert J. Earley, Captain of the Melville Fire Department Fire Police Squad, for receiving a from the New York State Fire Marshals and Inspectors Association. We'll have his story later today.
4. Winter may actually start earning its reputation this week with a quick shot of snow predicted to hit New York between tonight into early Thursday morning.
5. After a second incident occurred in which a student was followed by an unknown driver, the Half Hollow Hills School District said that it would make its community safety alerts more prominent. Subscribe to the district's news alerts at http://www.hhh.k12.ny.us/cf_enotify/subscribe.cfm.