1. The buzz around town today will likely be about yesterday's vote on a bond to finance a new headquarters. Residents easily defeated the proposal; find the full story .
2. The home of jazz legend John Coltrane in Dix Hills has been named to the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s 2011 list of America’s 11 Most Endangered Historic Places at a press event this morning. Coltrane lived with his young family in the ranch house on Candlewood Path until his death in 1967. Coltrane's son, Ravi Coltrane, will provide a media tour this morning while reminiscing about his childhood and growing up on the property with his father. Patch will be there for full coverage.
3. The Dix Hills branch of the library will host a on medication management from 2:30- 3:30 p.m. In this lecture, presented by the Retired Senior Volunteer Program, learn why medicines should be managed and how to keep yourself and your loved ones safe. Free; register at 631-421-4530.
4. Bring the kids, grades K-5 to the Dix Hills library to listen to some stories about dads and create a gift to bring home in honor of Father's Day from 7- 8 p.m. District residents only and there's only a few spots open so register now at 631-421-4530.
5. Mouse back to Patch later today for a profile of Hills East salutatorian Karishma Sabhnani. We'll also post the weekly crime report and hand out this week's Whiz Kid honor.