1. The Dix Hills Library is hosting a " today Wednesday to answer that age old question of what a stuffed animal might do alone, overnight. Those who dropped their stuffed animals off Tuesday for an overnight visit will come back for breakfast and a special slideshow starring their animals running amok in the library today from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
2. at the Chai Center of Dix Hills. Join Instructor Annette Weiss for a great Zumba workout each Wednesday at 10 a.m. $5 is due before class to benefit children with autism and special needs.
3. continues tonight at 8 p.m. at Heckscher Park in Huntington. Join Musical Director Tom Gellert and the Huntington Community Band featuring the music of the stage and the big screen that we love to sing.
4. Huntington Hospital was nationally ranked among U.S. News & World Report's best hospitals for the first time Tuesday in the magazines annual survey. It was 43rd in gastroenterology, 44th in ear, nose and throat care and 50th in geriatrics. Huntington was ranked ninth in the state and the metropolitan area.
5. Some afternoon showers or thunderstorms are expected today with a high of 92 degrees.