1. New LIRR timetables go into effect today. Be sure to check the schedule online before heading to the station: http://mta.info/lirr/
2. The Town of Huntington is the only municipality on Long Island, and one of five in the state, to be invited to join the U.S. Department of Energy’s Better Buildings Energy Challenge partnership, in which governments pledge to achieve a 20 percent improvement in energy usage by the year 2020.
3. Tomorrow, May 15 is the Half Hollow Hills School and Board of Education Election. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.at High School East.
4. Incumbents Frank Grimaldi and James Ptucha are running unopposed for the Board of Education.
5. Teen volunteers are needed to help with , a team of young people who give of their time and hearts to special needs children. For more information, call Nati at 631-351-8672 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.