Here is a sampling of some of the events happening in Dix Hills/Melville today, Monday, February 14. For a complete listing, please browse the events calendar on the Dix Hills Patch site.
- Bridge and chess players, come down to the with your own game equipment, and join an informal session of either chess and/or bridge. will take place from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and will be played from 2-5 p.m. No registration is required, just come down and join in.
- Moms, bring your child/children, ages 6 weeks and up, to Tanger Outlets at the Arches in Deer Park this morning from 9:30-10:30 a.m. and join the weekly moms group. This fitness program allows moms to exercise while spending time with baby in a social atmosphere. An individual class is $17 with multi-class discounts available.
- Bring the toddlers, age 5 and under, over to today for "." They will enjoy an open safe atmosphere filled with inflatables where they can jump, climb and play. Bouncers and Slydos is located at 1835 New Highway in Farmingdale. Times are either 10 a.m.-12 noon or 12 noon-2 p.m. The cost is $12 per session.
- From 4-5 p.m. bring your kids in grades 1-7 to the to receive individual assistance with their . Teen volunteers from High Schools East and West's Key Club and honor society will be on hand to help them with their homework problems. Register at 631-421-4530.
- There are two free art exhibits in town today. The showcases the 2-D and 3-D works of over 100 advanced placement art students from 33 high schools throughout Long Island, including 12 HHH students, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. The at 25 Melville Park Rd. features local artists addressing the concept of "Island," whether it be a tropical paradise, a city street or our own Long Island, through a variety of media. This exhibit is open from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.