- The library will be holding an informational meeting called "" to explore the possibility of beginning a Mothers' Center at the library. If you are pregnant, have a young infant at home, or are looking to connect with other local moms, come down and join this group on Tuesday from 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- On Wednesday from 2:30-3:30 p.m. Laurie Campbell will present "." This multimedia presentation will explore the many beautiful sites of Greece. Highlights include the classical ruins of Athens, the Cycladic Islands in the Aegean Sea including Santorini, which is said to be the most beautiful island and perhaps is the lost City of Atlantis.
- Join Hofstra professor James Kolb on Thursday from 2:30-3:30 p.m. as he discusses the lyricist and composer team of . If one work of the 1950s were to epitomize the American musical theater at its lyric and romantic best, that work might well be "My Fair Lady", Lerner and Loewe's finest creation. Learn more about the dynamic team that also created "Brigadoon," "Paint Your Wagon" and "Camelot."
- Also on Thursday, Long Island Cares, Inc. will be presenting the seminar "" from 1:30-3 p.m. Get some helpful tips on job searching and resume writing and learn how to interview to land that perfect job for you.
- Bring the kids, ages 2-6 years old, to "" on Saturday from 10-11 a.m. They will get to hear some fun stories and make a simple craft before they start their day. Please note: This is not a drop-off event.
Register for all the above free events by calling the library at 631-421-4530.