Are you the type of bookworm who goes straight to the “staff picks” section while in your favorite bookstore?
Well, instead of trekking all the way down to Community Bookstore on Seventh Avenue to find out which books you need to be reading right now, hop onto your computer.
Community Bookstore, between Garfield Place and Carroll Street, has put all of its “staff picks” onto a Tumblr account, selected by no other than the store’s cat named Tiny The Usurper. (Okay, that part is a joke.)
But in all seriousness, with the impending Nor-easter on it’s way to New York City, you don’t have to go to the bookstore to find out which new books are worth reading.
For Feb. 7, Community Bookstore suggests for you to pick up the below titles:
- “From the Forest” by Sara Maitland (recommended by Allison)
- “The Seamstress and the Wind” by Cesar Aira (recommended by Joey)
- “Burning Blue” by Paul Griffin (recommended by Brandon)
- “The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet” by David Mitchell (recommended by A.C.)
- “Mr. Fox” by Helen Oyeyemi (recommended by Stephanie)
- “People Who Eat Darkness” by Richard Lloyd Parry (recommended by Dan)
- “Varieties of Exile” by Mavis Gallant (recommended by Annalise)
Do you have your own suggestions? Let us know in the comments section below!