Everybody knows about the importance of oil changes in your vehicle, but few rarely stop to think about performing transmission maintenance. All though transmission maintenance isn’t as widely recognized, many argue that it is just as important as regular oil changes.
It is very important to be mindful and on the lookout tell tale signs of transmission issues. If you have transmission problems or failure be prepared to be without your car for an extended period of time and get ready to pay a bill that could run you thousands of dollars. Here are some tips to avoid issues with your transmissions:
- Be aware of any changes/anything abnormal in your car’s driving characteristics. This includes strange noises, slippage, late or early shifting.
- Always have your transmission fluid checked while getting your oil changed.
- Make a complete stop before shifting your automatic transmission into another position.
- Don’t overload your vehicle with a load that is too heavy for it to handle.
- Do not drive with low levels of transmission fluid.
- Do all scheduled maintenance according to your car’s owner’s manual
Follow these tips and treat transmission maintenance as you would an oil change. And remember, the better you treat your car the better it will treat you.
For more car care tips and great deals from Long island automotive businesses chck out WheelsNeedDeals.com