A Dix Hillian and a Deer Park man were arrested Thursday night for robbing several banks in the area, police said.
Max Schneider, 21, of Dix Hills, and Vito Frabizio, 21, of Deer Park, were arrested last night after a cooperative effort by the Suffolk County Major Case Investigations Unit, the Second Precinct Neighborhood Enforcement/Special Operations Team (NE/SOT) and the newly formed Detective Special Operations Team. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police and the New York City Police Department assisted in the apprehension of Schneider.
Schneider was charged with robbing the following banks:
- TD Bank, 1361 Deer Park Ave., North Babylon, on February 17.
- · TD Bank, 485 Montauk Highway, West Islip, on February 23.
- · TD Bank, 6190 Jericho Turnpike, Commack, on March 2.
- · Bank of America, 1979 Deer Park Ave., Deer Park, on March 4.
- · Capital One, 8 Little East Neck Road, Babylon, on March 11.
- · Bank of America, 560 Montauk Highway, West Babylon, on March 18.
- · TD Bank, 2822 Middle County Road, Lake Grove, on March 24.
Frabizio was charged with robbing the following bank:
- · TD Bank, 485 Montauk Highway, West Islip, on February 23, 2011.
Schneider and Frabizio are both scheduled to be arraigned Friday at First District Court in Central Islip.
The Major Case Investigations Unit is continuing the investigation and additional charges are anticipated. Detectives are asking anyone with any information to call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will remain confidential.