The study of the arts is an integral component of the curriculum for all students in Half Hollow Hills. At the high school level, music plays an important part in the lives of students, as evidenced on the evening of January 17th, at the Cross-Campus Music Concert, held in The James LoFrese Auditorium at High School West.
The Cross-Campus groups consist of select students from both Hills East and Hills West uniting as the Cross-Campus Chamber Orchestra directed by Karen Romeo, Wind Ensemble directed by Robert Belanich, and new this year, the Chamber Choir directed by Danielle McRoy. Salvatore Randazzo is the HHH Director for Music and Fine Arts.
Performance selections were as follows:
Cross-Campus Chamber Orchestra:
1) Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Richard Meyer.
2) Serenade Op. 22 Movement I by Anton Dvorak.
3) Suite Argentine No. 1 by Alberto Williams.
Cross-Campus Chamber Choir:
1) Gold (from the Broadway Musical Once) by Fergus O’Farrell.
2) Ave Maria by Franz Beibl.
3) Swingle Song by Darmon Meader.
Cross-Campus Wind Ensemble:
1) William Byrd Suite No 1 (The Earl of Oxford’s Marche) by Gordon Jacob.
2) Russian Christmas Music by Alfred Reed.
PICTURED ARE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ACCOMPLISHED
HHH CROSS-CAMPUS MUSICIANS.